Leading electronics and appliances trader, wholesaler and distributor is searching for a Purchasing Director to join their operation and contribute with their exponential growth.
- Establishing SOP and best practices
- Managing purchasing team
- Experience managing over $100MM/month of purchasing power
This position requires a person with a high sense of urgency and drive for leading, managing and directing the Purchasing Team and Process to achieve sales and profit goals while meeting and exceeding customer needs and expectations. Must also have experience working and managing teams remotely. Proficiency in Spanish is a must.
- Talent Management and Optimization of team and resources. Responsible for leading, driving and executing the planning and organization of tasks and priorities and talent management
- Drive and enhance effective purchasing and sourcing activities to support Sales, drive profitability targets and meet and exceed clients’ expectations. Negotiate vendor terms, prices, and schedule delivery. Nurture strong vendor relationships. Coordinate with Sales, Warehouse and Operations for operating efficiency and profitability.
Skills, Experience, and Knowledge Required
- Bachelor or Business Degree (Supply Chain or Purchasing Certification is a plus)
- 2-5+ Years’ Experience leading and supervising direct reports including: attracting, hiring, developing and addressing performance issues
- Experience developing a purchasing/supply chain strategic and tactical plan with goals down to individual level
- Experience leading remote teams
- Experience in reporting, KPI and metrics generation, data analysis and forecasting
- Computer literate- Microsoft Office Applications
- Prior experience in using CRM and ERP systems is required
- Bilingual- English/Spanish language required with excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to travel- 25-30% of time